JIP 029: Kevin Sanchez
Kevin Sanchez: growing up in Nicaragua and becoming a behavior analyst
In today's episode, we welcome our friend Kevin Sanchez.
Kevin was born in California but grew up mostly in Nicaragua. During the first half of the show, he shares with us about life in the poorest country in Central America, studying medicine.
We then move forward to his current work in Miami as a behavior analyst. Kevin now helps children with mental disabilities like autism and down-syndrome. He teaches them how to learn some basic skills to better navigate their lives. He also works with the parents so they can understand how to communicate with their children and be a better help in their future.
This is a fascinating episode, about a country and a job that we don't hear about very often.
We really hope you enjoy it.
PS: if you are interested in learning more about behavior analysis, Kevin shared with us some resources. Check the links down below.
Follow Kevin on Instagram:
Follow us on Instagram:
Listen to the episode
- What is behavior analysis? From ABAI (association for behavior analysis international): https://www.abainternational.org/about-us/behavior-analysis.aspx
- What does the application of the science look (ABA therapy) for children with developmental disabilities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bk4NJXPV9c
- Another perspective on what is ABA (video) from a university: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOd4WA2eSVs
- The bigger picture and aims of this science - changing the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lRjymGsWxY
- Lastly, a video explaining how we can use behavior analytic self-management principles to increase productivity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujxtIG-qc2c
Leave a Comment